Friday 31 December 2010

4. How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

Technologies Used in the Filming Process...





More about the filming process...
Originally, we had filmed our voxpops in Liverpool One, and as our group contained 3 members, we each took turns of standing in the voxpop and asking the interviewee a question. When looking back at our filming, we decided that having 3 different interviews may confuse the audience, and so decided to refilm our voxpops without the three of us in shot.

Premiere Pro




Although I had used Premiere Pro before, I had never used it in this much detail and found it a little challenging to get used to the amount of tools there was on offer to use. We found the audio grain tool highly useful when editing our documentary, particularly on Graham Carter's interview as the sound quality was poor and very grainy. We found it interesting to put fades on some of our clips, particularly at the end of interviews, and we did this using video effects. We had a slight problem throughout the editing period as our sound files merged into one, and therefore without the razor tool, we would have been unable to edit our documentary further and reach the finished piece.

Adobe Photoshop





Windows Movie Maker



I used this package to present my evaluation in an interesting and eye catching way. Movie Maker allowed me to make short videos containing voice clips, screengrabs and video clips from my product, and explain my designs in a voice over.

Ice Radio Recording Suite
Another piece of technology I was lucky enough to use during the construction of my product was the Ice Radio Recording Suite. This piece of technology allowed me to record our voice overs, and control the sound levels so they were appropriate for our product.

No comments:

Post a Comment